Monday, September 26, 2011

Smile! It's not that bad :)

How was your weekend? Did you enjoy the beautiful sun outside, hang out with friends or just chilled at home? Mine went like this...

What a beautiful day it was! I decided I need to go out and embrace the sun. While I was walking around outside I managed to let some unhappy thoughts slip through my mind and starting to stress out - one of those moments you get caught off guard. I guess it shows, like I was trying to walk it off. Out of nowhere a guy walking his dog crossing the street just smiled at me and said, "Smile! It's not that bad." I was surprised by his friendly words. So I smiled back at him unnaturally and thought to myself why am I wasting such a beautiful afternoon being stressed out and unhappy. Before I went on and crossed the street, "Yeah, smile! Hope you have a nice day." he said, with a warm cheering smile. That made my day.

There are times in our lives when we just fall for the tricks of negativity and forget about the beauty and happiness of life. It can be from work, misunderstandings between friends and family, or anything that's really not the end of the world which makes us feel like it. When those moments come, remember to put a smile on your face and you'll feel so much better and know that everything's going to be alright. Nothing can bring you down but bad moods. Put up a smile and you can do anything that's awaiting you to challenge.
Hope you have a great day/night where ever you are and - smile, it's not that bad. :)

And thank you stranger, for your encouraging words.

No comments: